This Cookies Policy explains how we use the information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies on the website (henceforth "Website") and its reserved area, where applicable (henceforth "Reserved Area") (together "Digital Channels"), which operate under the trademarks of MAAT – Museum of Art, Architecture and Technology (henceforth "MAAT").
You can contact MAAT on any question regarding this Cookies Policy through the following channels:
MAAT – Museum of Art, Architecture and Technology
- By telephone: +351 210 028 130 and +351 210 028 102;
- By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- Through www.maat.pt/pt/contactos.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small information files stored by websites you visit in the browser of the device you use to access the internet (for example, your computer or mobile phone). These files help the website remember information about your visit and enhance your next visit by storing your actions and preferences during a certain period of time and by storing or recognising your username, the language in which you want to navigate on the site and other settings.
Cookies can be classified according to various criteria.
In relation to their purpose, cookies can be:
- Strictly necessary cookies – when they are necessary to ensure the functioning of the website and/or to ensure the provision of functionalities requested by the user, or to save your preferences regarding navigation on the website whenever you use the same device and if requested.
- Preference cookies – these are of an accessory nature (not necessary for the website to function, but which may improve its performance) and are used to personalise a user's browsing experience. Some of these cookies may transfer data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
- Statistics cookies – these are of an accessory nature and collect statistical information to help the website owners analyse the use of their website and better understand their visitors' engagement. Another function these cookies may have, together with some advertising cookies, is to measure interactions with the advertisements presented on the website. Some of these cookies may transfer data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
- Marketing cookies – these are of an accessory nature and aim to make advertising more attractive to users and advertisers by selecting advertising based on what is relevant to the user, in order to improve reports on campaign performance and avoid showing adverts that the user has already seen or flagged as not relevant. Some of these cookies may transfer data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
In relation to their duration, cookies can be classified into:
- Session cookies – these are temporary cookies that will be deleted from the cookie folder at the moment or shortly after the browser/application used to access the Digital Channels has been closed. As an example, this type of cookies enables the analysis of web traffic patterns, allowing us to identify problems, ensure security and provide a better browsing experience.
- Persistent cookies – unlike session cookies, these are not deleted when the browser or application closes but remain stored on the User's device. They are used each time a new visit is made to the website, enabling the browsing experience to be personalised according to the User's interests and provide a more individualised service.
In relation to the entity that places the cookies, these can be classified as follows:
- Own cookies – these are sent to the User's devichere e through equipment or domains managed by MAAT and from which the service requested by the User is provided.
- Third-party cookies – these are sent to the User's device from a device or domain managed by a third-party entity over which MAAT has no control. In these cases, the third party may process the data collected via cookies, including transferring it outside the EEA, and MAAT may not be able to configure its operation and / or prevent the transfer of data collected by cookies.
What are our cookies used for?
On the Website and the Reserved Area, MAAT uses the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies;
- Preference cookies;
- Statistical cookies;
- Marketing cookies.
It may be the case that not all of our Digital Channels use all of the categories of cookies listed above.
Detailed information regarding the functionalities and use of our cookies (cookies used, responsible party, description and purpose, duration and data sharing) bellow.
Should I allow cookies?
How can I manage my cookie preferences?
At any time, you can configure your preferences about the cookies used on the Digital Channels that are not strictly necessary through the OneTrust tool provided here:
In addition, most browsers allow you to control the cookies stored on your device, as well as to immediately delete them if you wish to stop allowing the local storage of cookies. You can change your browser settings to block the installation of cookies or to notify you each time a cookie is defined:
- For more information on "Private Browsing" and the management of cookies on the Firefox browser, click here;
- For more information on "Incognito browsing mode" and the management of cookies on the Chrome browser, click here;
- For more information on "Private Browsing" and the management of cookies on the Internet Explorer browser, click here;
- For more information on "Private Browsing" and the management of cookies on the Microsoft Edge browser, click here;
- For more information on "Private Browsing" and the management of cookies on the Safari browser, click here;
- For more information on "Private Browsing" and the management of cookies on the Opera browser, click here.
Please be aware that disabling cookies through your browser settings may have an impact on the operation of the Digital Channels, since the settings panel of most modern browsers does not offer a level of detail that allows users to reject all cookies that are not strictly necessary to enable the use of the websites you visit. On devices that offer this type of functionality, you can have more control over your cookies using free extensions available online.
You can also prevent the collection of information via Google Analytics cookies (provided by Google), on any website, by installing the tool available here in your browser.
This tool was developed specifically for Google Analytics and prevents the mechanism that enables the collection of data related to the way you browse and use our website from sharing information with Google Ireland Limited and other Google entities based in the United States of America (in accordance with information provided by Google).
MAAT may, at any time, without prior notice and with immediate effect, change, add to or revoke, in part or in full, this Cookies Policy. [Any changes relevant to you will be immediately disclosed on the Digital Channels and you will be able to access information and, depending on the type of cookie concerned, consent to its use]